Tax relief for eligible businesses
The Victorian Government has launched the $500 million Business Support Fund to help small businesses survive the impacts of coronavirus (COVID-19) and keep people in work.
The Fund is part of the Victorian Government’s $1.7 billion Economic Survival Package. Applications opened on Monday 30 March 2020 and will close on Monday 1 June 2020.
Small businesses are eligible if they:
- Employ staff
- Have been subject to closure or is highly impacted by Restricted Activity Directions
- Have a turnover of more than $75,000
- Have payroll of less than $650,000
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at 16 March 2020 (date of the State of Emergency declaration)
- Have been engaged in carrying out the operation of the business in the Australian State of Victoria on 16 March 2020.
More details and how to apply visit: business.vic.gov.au/businesssupportfund